Manual T-Handle Ball Valve
TruDesign Ball Valves are designed and made in New Zealand for use in marine applications above and below the water line. They comply with ISO 9093-2 and certified by Bureau VERITAS and IMCI. They also comply with ABYC H-27 500Lb standard. .
The body of the Ball Valve is manufactured in glass-reinforced nylon composite with high impact and tensile strength resulting in a light weight unit, free from corrosion and electrolysis issues. The ball and sealing rings utilise a PTFE polymer to ensure a smooth action, and continuous ease of operation over many years.
- Manufactured from a glass-reinforced nylon composite - High strength and light weight
- Immune to corrosion and electrolysis - Long life with no concerns over decreased performance due to corrosion
- Chemical resistant - Impervious to diesel, petrol and antifouling paints
- UV resistant - Will not degrade or discolour with ultraviolet light from the sun
- Large operating temperature range (-40° to +110°C)
- High quality surface finish - Will not discolour with green film as similar bronze fittings do
- Approved by IMCI & Bureau VERITAS to ISO standard 9093-2 when used with TruDesign Skin Fittings
- Complies with ABYC H-27 500Lb standard when used with TruDesign ABYC collar and TruDesign Skin Fittings
Frequently Asked Questions
Identification of threads BSP or NPS ?
Tru-Design manufacture these marine fittings with two types of threads: BSP British Standard Pipe for the European market. NPS National pipe straight for the US market. Each threaded fitting wi...
Do TruDesign Ball Valves require lubrication ?
No. The TruDesign ball valves are manufactured with a Teflon impregnated Ball running on Teflon rings, so no lubrication is required. It is good practice to turn the valve handle every few months...
What sealant can I use on TruDesign threads ?
Thread sealing options: - 3M 5200 - 3M 5200FT (fast cure) - Sikaflex 291i - Sikaflex 591 - Loctite 5331 - Loctite 55 Pipe Sealing Chord - PTFE Thread Tape
Can I screw a tapered fitting into a TruDesign Ball Valve ?
NOT RECOMMENDED! The TruDesign Ball Valves have parallel threads and only fittings with parallel threads should be screwed into them. This is a very important issue as parallel threads allow for ...
Can I remove the handle from a TruDesign Ball Valve?
Yes To aid installation in confined spaces it may be useful to remove the handle from the Ball Valve. To do so follow the steps below: # Remove the flush screw cover from the top of the handle ...
Can I run Petrol or Diesel through TruDesign fittings ?
YES and No TruDesign fittings (in both black and white) are suitable for contact with petrol & diesel fuels. NOTE: TruDesign Ball Valves, Aquavalves and Non-Return Valves should not be used in d...
What sealant should I use between a bronze or stainless skin fitting and a TruDesign ball valve ?
The same options as you would use for sealing any TruDesign composite fitting to a TruDesign composite Ball Valve: #3M 5200 #3M 5200 FT (Fastcure) # Sikaflex 291 # Sikaflex 591 # Loctite 5...
Can you fit TruDesign Ball Valves to bronze or Stainless skin fittings ?
Yes TruDesign Composite ball valves can be screwed onto an approved bronze skin fitting. First the thread on the bronze skin fitting must be identified to match the TruDesign Ball Valve (either ...
Ball Valve ¾" BSP T-Handle
Ball Valve 1" BSP T-Handle
Ball Valve 1¼" BSP T-Handle
Ball Valve 1½" BSP T-Handle
Ball Valve 2" BSP T-Handle
Ball Valve ½" BSP T-Handle