Load Bearing Collars
TruDesign Load Bearing Collars are designed for use with TruDesign Skin Fittings and Ball Valves.
With the Collar in place, the Skin Fitting-Ball Valve-Hose Tail assembly will withstand a 500 lb (227 kg) static force applied to the Hose Tail end of the assembly, for a minimum of 30 seconds – complying with North American ABYC H-27 standards.
Note: TruDesign 1 1/4", 1 1/2" 2" Skin Fittings meet the requirements of H-27 500Lb standard (i.e. without a Large Collar installed). Adding a Large Collar to assemblies of this size increases the overall strength and protects the vulnerable exposed section of thread on the Skin Fitting.
- ABYC H-27 500Lb compliance for 1”, 1¼”, 1½”, and 2" sized assemblies. Independently verified by IMANNA Laboratory, Inc. (USA).
- Compact footprint
- No additional bolts or fasteners through or on to the hull
- Ability to retrofit to existing TruDesign assemblies
- Compatible with all hull types across a wide range of hull thicknesses – download product info sheet above
- Shrouded protection
- Fool-proof assembly - if not snug when tightened the Skin Fitting's length will need shortening. See info sheet.
- Manufactured from a glass reinforced nylon composite
- Immune to corrosion and electrolysis
Frequently Asked Questions
Are TruDesign Skin Fittings certified ?
ISO 9093-2. - TruDesign ¾”, 1”, 1¼”, 1½”, 2” and 3” Thru Hull’s, Ball Valves and Tail assemblies comply with ISO 9093-2 certification. The ½” does not comply. ABYC 500Lb load test standard. TruD...
Can I screw a tapered fitting into a TruDesign Ball Valve ?
NOT RECOMMENDED! The TruDesign Ball Valves have parallel threads and only fittings with parallel threads should be screwed into them. This is a very important issue as parallel threads allow for ...
Load Bearing Collar ABYC H-27 Rated - Small (for ½", ¾" & 1" sizes)
Load Bearing Collar ABYC H-27 Rated - Medium (for 1¼" & 1½" sizes)
Load Bearing Collar ABYC H-27 Rated - Large (for 2" size)