TruDesign Tails are moulded from a glass-reinforced nylon composite. High strength, high-modulus glass fibres within the nylon composite provides dramatic strength, stiffness, toughness, and dimensional stability.
TruDesign Tails eliminate the corrosion and electrical bonding problems associated with metallic fittings. Tail fittings are designed for twin hose clamps and to never crush.
Download Info Sheet
- Manufactured from a glass-reinforced nylon composite - High strength and light weight
- Immune to corrosion and electrolysis - Long life with no concerns over decreased performance due to corrosion
- Chemical resistant - Unaffected by diesel, petrol, or chemicals
- UV resistant - Will not degrade or discolour with ultraviolet light from the sun
- High quality surface finish - Will not discolour with green film as similar bronze fittings do
- BSP and NPS (Parallel) threads - Universal compatibility to TruDesign Ball Valves, threaded fittings, and other marine components
- Large operating temperature range - Suitable for all marine environments, from -40°C to +110°C
Frequently Asked Questions
Identification of threads BSP or NPS ?
Tru-Design manufacture these marine fittings with two types of threads: BSP British Standard Pipe for the European market. NPS National pipe straight for the US market. Each threaded fitting wi...
Fitting sanitary hose to hose tails
Use a hair drier to heat up the end of the hose or immerse the end of the hose in hot water. Both these methods will soften the hose sufficiently to enable it to be pushed on. Care must be taken wi...
What sealant can I use on TruDesign threads ?
Thread sealing options: - - 3M 5200 - 3M 5200FT (fast cure) - Sikaflex 291i - Loctite 5331 - Loctite 55 Pipe Sealing Chord - PTFE Thread Tape
Tail 38mm 1½" BSP Thread
Tail 13mm ½" BSP Thread
Tail 19mm ¾" BSP Thread
Tail 25mm 1" BSP Thread
Unequal Tail 32mm 1½” BSP Thread
Tail 32mm 1¼" BSP Thread
Tail 50mm 2" BSP Thread
Unequal Tail 38mm 1¼” BSP Thread
Unequal Tail 28mm 1” BSP Thread
Tail 13mm ½" NPS Thread
Tail 19mm ¾" NPS Thread
Tail 25mm 1" NPS Thread
Tail 32mm 1¼" NPS Thread
Tail 38mm 1½" NPS Thread
Tail 50mm 2" NPS Thread
Unequal Tail 16mm ½" BSP Thread
Unequal Tail 22mm ¾" BSP Thread
Unequal Tail 28mm 1” NPS Thread
Unequal Tail 32mm 1½” NPS Thread
Unequal Tail 38mm 1¼” NPS Thread
Unequal Tail 16mm ½" NPS Thread
Unequal Tail 22mm ¾" NPS Thread