Designed and made in New Zealand, the Scoop Strainer is designed to divert large objects away from water intakes while the vessel is moving. This helps eliminate problems with seaweed/seagrass, sticks or rubbish being sucked into engine intakes and blocking or clogging intake filters. The strainer acts as a course first stage filter that is cleaned by water movement.
The Round Strainer is designed for use in stationary applications where there is a risk of sucking in unwanted objects.
Tru-Design Intake Strainers eliminate the corrosion and electrical bonding problems associated with metallic fittings. They can be painted over with anti-foul, and can be faired into the hull without concerns of corrosion.
Download Info Sheet
- Manufactured from a glass reinforced nylon composite - High strength and light weight
- Compatible with all hull types - Can be used on aluminum, steel, wood or FRP hulls
- Immune to corrosion and electrolysis - Long life with no concerns over decreased performance due to corrosion
- Chemical resistant - Impervious to diesel, petrol and antifouling paints
- UV resistant - These fittings will not break down with ultraviolet light or discolour from the sun
- High quality surface finish - Will not discolour with green film as similar bronze fittings do
- Paintable - Can be painted with all types of antifouling
- Strong construction - Strainer can take bumps and knocks without damage
¾" Scoop Strainer
1¼" Scoop Strainer
2" Scoop Strainer
1¼" Round Strainer