Long Skin Fittings
TruDesign range of Skin Fittings are certified by the International Marine Certification Institute (IMCI) and Bureau VERITAS to ISO 9093-2.
They also comply with ABYC H-27
Designed and made in New Zealand, the Skin Fitting body and nut are moulded from a glass-reinforced nylon composite. High strength, high-modulus glass fibres provide dramatic strength, stiffness, toughness and dimensional stability. These properties allow a significant weight reduction over metallic fittings.
TruDesign Skin Fittings eliminate the corrosion and electrical bonding problems associated with metallic fittings.
TruDesign Skin Fittings are certified by the International Marine Certification Institute (IMCI) & Bureau Veritas to meet; ISO 9093-2 Small craft — Seacocks and through-hull fittings — Part 2: Non-metallic
When used in below waterline applications, a Ball Valve should be directly connected for safety and compliance to relevant marine standards.
Download Info Sheet
- Manufactured from a glass-reinforced nylon composite - High strength and light weight
- Compatible with all hull types - Can be used on aluminium, steel, wood or GRP hulls up to 100mm thick
- Immune to corrosion and electrolysis - Long life with no concerns over decreased performance due to corrosion
- Chemical resistant - Impervious to diesel, petrol and antifouling paints
- UV resistant - Will not degrade or discolour with ultraviolet light from the sun
- High quality surface finish - Will not discolour with green film as similar bronze fittings do
- Paintable - Can be painted with all types of antifouling
- Limited Warranty
- TruDesign accepts no responsibility for Ball Valves or Skin Fittings which are improperly installed, especially in the case where a Ball Valve with tapered threads has been used.
Frequently Asked Questions
Identification of threads BSP or NPS ?
Tru-Design manufacture these marine fittings with two types of threads: BSP British Standard Pipe for the European market. NPS National pipe straight for the US market. Each threaded fitting wi...
What if I need to replace an old Skin Fitting that has been epoxied into the hull ?
If for example a 1" toilet outlet needed to be replaced with a 1½" toilet outlet; Wedge a wooden bung into the Skin Fitting from the outside and use a hole saw to drill out the fitting with a diam...
What sealant can I use on TruDesign threads ?
Thread sealing options: - Standard Ceelon Thread tape - 3M 5200 - 3M 5200FT (fast cure) - Sikaflex 291i - Locktite 5331 - Arbokol 1000