Designed and made in New Zealand, Tru-Design Y Pieces are the superior composite connection for combining the flow from 2 hoses. The Y Piece allows smooth flow leading to reduced chances of blockages. Salt buildup is reduced when used with seawater as all surfaces are flushed.
Tru-Design Y Pieces are moulded from a glass reinforced nylon composite. High strength, high-modulus glass fibres impregnated into the nylon provides dramatic strength, stiffness, toughness, and dimensional stability.
Tru-Design Y Pieces eliminate the corrosion and electrical bonding problems associated with metallic fittings. The Y Pieces are designed for twin hose clamps, and to not crush under high load conditions.
Download Info Sheet
- Manufactured from a glass reinforced nylon composite - High strength and light weight
- Immune to corrosion and electrolysis - Long life with no concerns over decreased performance due to corrosion
- Chemical resistant - Impervious to diesel, petrol and antifouling paints
- UV resistant - These fittings will not break down with ultraviolet light or discolour from the sun
- Large operating temperature range - Suitable for all marine environments, from -20°C to +110°C
- Long tail feature - The use of 2 hose clamps is recommended for secure hose fitting
- Smooth flow - Less blockages and buildup
Frequently Asked Questions
Fitting sanitary hose to hose tails
Use a hair drier to heat up the end of the hose or immerse the end of the hose in hot water. Both these methods will soften the hose sufficiently to enable it to be pushed on. Care must be taken wi...
Y Piece 25mm
Y Piece 25mm-25mm-38mm
Y Piece 38mm
Y Piece 19mm-19mm-25mm
Y Piece 19mm
Y Piece 32mm